The Novice Program is aimed at bringing new riders into the world of road cycling and racing.
The program has been running since 2006 and has proved its ability to prepare riders for a safe introduction to bunch riding, and a successful first season of criterium racing. We will teach you about safety, bunch riding skills, and race tactics while also helping to motivate you to improve your fitness.
There is a focus on progression at a pace that challenges the individual. We cater to many different abilities and the program has successful club riders as well as those who’ve gone on to international fame. But most importantly the program is about meeting fellow cyclophiles and having a lot of fun.
The Novice Program is perfect for you if:
- you own a road bike with drop handlebars
- you ride your bike regularly and are keen to improve skills, fitness and confidence
- want to learn how to ride safely in a bunch
- you would like to give a racing a go when you are ready
- Clip in pedals are highly recommended, though not mandatory