- This event has passed.
Uninats 2019: unicycle cross country and trials
October 6, 2019 - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$1 – $65
There is an annual national unicycling get-together called Uninats, and this year it will be happening in the ACT and Queanbeyan during the long weekend of 04-07 October 2019. My job is to organise it all, with help from members of the local unicycle club.
I would like to organise activities to happen at Stromlo on Sunday 06 October 2019. The activities are fairly well controlled by the international unicycling federation rulebook. On this basis I need to organise:
- A cross country track, presently considering a loop from rascals to three amigos and back.
- A beginners cross country track, presently considering a loop from rascals, to the right of the criterium track and past the playground for 3-4 Km.
- An uphill route, probably Casuarina climb
- A downhill route, probably one of the black runs from near the top of Casuarina climb.
- I also want to do an activity called ‘trials‘. We have done this several times before (but not recently) in the area to the north end of the overflow car park and just beyond. In the past, this activity was very popular indeed. We will build obstacles of varying difficulty, and riders will try (and occasionally succeed) in getting across the obstacles. We will erect and remove the obstacles, leaving the site undisturbed.
I expect to get around 100 unicyclists coming along to the whole event, and about half of these will participate in at least some part in the activities at Stromlo.
I am not seeking exclusive use of the park, however I would like to make a booking to ensure the park is not closed to unicyclists on that day for any other activity. This is because some riders are coming from a long way away, and I need to ensure that none of the proposed venues that I intend to use can be cancelled or overbooked.
I think that I best fit an ‘XC’ booking, as described in your documentation.