- This event has passed.
CANCELLED – rideTECHNICS Weekly Junior MTB Skills Program – Canberra Term 3 – Saturdays
September 4 - 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm$420
Genuinely improving kids’ bike handling
Our weekly term-long program will focus on teaching kids how to ride properly – safely and smoothly with full control – while having fun and making friends. Building skills, confidence and enjoyment on the trails will be top priorities.
Our kids MTB skills programs are designed to get riders progressing through a series of key skills and trail types. This is more than just babysitting on bikes doing random trails. Our head coaches are all parents. And all of our staff are qualified and highly experienced rider-coaches, with first aid training and WWCVP cards. We use refined and proven methods to teach safe and effective bike handling, so children can simply enjoy their riding regardless of ability and their specific riding discipline.
Once you’ve signed up we’ll email you further details on exactly what we’ll cover in each session of the program. As well as meeting locations, what to take along, what to expect, and more.
Junior MTB program details:
- Dates: During school term 3 2021 – July 17th to Sept 11th (9 x 90min sessions). If we don’t miss any sessions due to bad weather we’ll do a tenth session.
- Days/Times: Saturdays 3:00pm to 4:30pm.
- Location: Stromlo Forest Park (meeting at the main pavilion shelter, but some later sessions TBA will start at the peak and end at the pavilion).
- Age range: 7-14 years (exceptions made based on experience and bike set up).
- Cost: $420 per rider.
- Group size: Groups will be small – 5 to 10 riders per 1 to 2 coaches. We’ll split up into ages and proficiency levels.
- Focus: Building a skills foundation and continuing on any previous skill development, getting more advanced each week. This is for juniors who already have experience riding off-road and safely riding over trail features.