This Cross Country Running Track is a dedicated running circuit designed for competition, training and recreation. To assist all users, please follow the Conditions of Use and adhere to any other instructions from Stromlo Forest Park Management.
- Always run in a clockwise direction, unless otherwise directed.
- Organisers of a planned event may change this procedure at their discretion and must advise all users prior to their participation.
- To minimise wear on the grass, run on the outside of the circuit (especially on corners) when possible.
- Vehicles are NOT permitted on the circuit (Maintenance vehicles excepted).
- Bikes or wheeled equipment are NOT permitted on the circuit.
- Dogs are NOT permitted on the circuit.
- Circuit use may be restricted for safety reasons at various times for special events.
- Spectators must stay off the circuit at all times and only cross with extreme care.
- Ball sports, including golf, are NOT permitted on the circuit.
- Be conscious and considerate to faster runners.
- Slower runners and walkers should not run or walk in large groups and should be careful not to obstruct faster runners.
- People using this facility do so at their own risk.
- The circuit will be closed at times for maintenance purposes.
- To avoid damage to the grass, the circuit is NOT open when it is wet.
- Venue management may close the circuit due to poor weather conditions.
- Short circuit – 1,000 metres
- Hill loop – 500 metres
- Creek loop – 1,000 metres
- Full circuit – 2,500 metres