Stromlo Forest Park’s network of Mountain Bike trails have been built in accordance with the International Mountain Bike Association’s (IMBA) Trail Difficulty Rating System. This system was adapted from the International Trail Marking System used at ski areas throughout the world
The IMBA Trail Difficulty Rating System is a basic method used to categorize the relative technical difficulty of recreation trails. The IMBA Trail Difficulty Rating System can:
- Help trail users make informed decisions
- Encourage visitors to use trails that match their skill level
- Manage risk and minimize injuries
- Improve the outdoor experience for a wide variety of visitors
- Aid in the planning of trails and trail systems
Stromlo Forest Park’s trails have been graded in accordance with these IMBA Trail Difficulty Rating System and the trail maps and signs display these ratings. Please ride safely and within your own abilities.