The original Stromlo Forest Park Downhill Track is the same track which was used for Round 6 of the 2008 UCI World Cup and the 2009 UCI World Mountain Bike Championships.
Since then, changes have been made to increase the flow on the original track and a new top section named “Up The Anti” has been constructed to offer more variety for Stromlo’s downhillers.
A new, trail bike friendly downhill section has also been added which enables trail riders on shorter travel bikes to connect with Luge or continue down the original downhill.
The park also offers a huge variety of shorter travel friendly DH options, suitable for everyone from beginner cross country riders to expert all mountain riders. Here are just a few options to try:
- Western Wedgetail to Skyline to Luge to Old Duffy
- Western Wedgetail or Rollercoaster to Pork Barrell to Double Dissolution
- Western Wedgetail or Rollercoaster to Echidna Gap to Slick Rock to Double Dissolution
- Western Wedgetail or Rollercoaster to Skyline to Northside Express to Little Seymour to Breakout
- Western Wedgetail to Rollercoaster to Echidna Gap to Slick Rock to Double Dissolution
- Rollercoaster to Skyline to Luge to Old Duffy
- A-Line to Luge to Old Duffy
- A-Line to G-20 to Luge to Old Duffy
- B-Line to World Cup to
Appropriate gloves, elbow, knee and shin pads, full faced helmet (Australian Standard Certified), neck brace, chest and spine protection, mountain bike with front suspension, working front and rear brakes, and adequate tread on tires.